Trendy Mates 2

Monday 11 August 2014

"I Killed My Wife Because She Gave Me HIV"-Suspect

The Lagos State Police Command has
arrested a man, Phillip Katongu, for
allegedly stabbing his wife to death.
The police said the victim, Justina, was
stabbed to death in a street at Oniru
Estate, Maroko, Lagos, where she and
her husband were living.
Justina was stabbed in about three
places before she died. Also, the knife
used for the murder had been
recovered by the police.
Justina, who hailed from Kauro, Kaduna
State, did not have any child for the
suspect before her death.
According to reports , Katongu, who
worked as a construction worker on the
Victoria Island, had a wife outside the
marriage in Nasarawa State before
marrying the deceased.
However, after having allegedly killing
the wife, Katongu was said to have also
attempted to commit suicide before the
neighbours forced the door open and
rushed him to a nearby hospital where
he was revived.
Forty-five-year-old Katongu, told
policemen that he killed his wife
because she infected him with the
Human Immunodeficiency Virus,
among other misdeeds.
He said,
“I married Justina, my second wife
in December 2010. I later learnt
that she had given birth to two girls
for a man. The girls died of
AIDS.However, when we first met,
she did not tell me all these. I
explained to her that I have a wife
with children and I wanted to
marry her too. Before marriage, I
told her we should go to hospital to
conduct HIV test, but she refused
and said that she was HIV negative.
So we started sleeping together.”
Katongu added that without his
knowledge, his wife had been going to
Abuja for medical treatment every three
months for HIV, until March 2013 when
she took him along.
He said it was at the hospital that she
disclosed her HIV status to him.
He said,
“I was angry and told the doctor
who equally blamed her for not
disclosing it to me. The doctor then
tested me, and I was positive. We
came back to Lagos and continued
with the relationship because I
loved her. But suddenly, she told
me she wanted to pack out from my
house that she was no longer
interested in marrying me having
had another person in Abuja. In
fact, the man usually called her on
phone while we were
together.I told her that with her
status, she should not go and be
infecting people with the virus.
And that I will kill her and kill
myself. We started fighting and I
stabbed her. It was in the early
hours. I stabbed her three times
with a knife. She shouted and
people were knocking at our
door.After she died, I stabbed
myself, and the people broke the
door open. I woke up to find myself
in a hospital. I feel very bad that I
killed my wife. I loved her very
much.”

No comments:

Post a Comment