Trendy Mates 2

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Mikel Defends World Cup Performance

John Mikel Obi has defended his World
Cup performance, claiming he tried to play for
the team rather than seek glory.
The Chelsea midfielder continues to be the
brunt of criticism following what has been
widely perceived as a disappointing World Cup
display, but the 27 year-old claims he is being
unfairly criticized.
"I tried to do my best to work hard for the
team. We play together and nobody wants to
be a Maradona because in our team, everybody
has to play for each other," Mikel told
KickOffNigeria.com exclusively.
"All I wanted to do was work hard for the team
and not to look for glory, but people don't see
that.
"You don't always have to dribble everybody to
help the team. And the coach knows that I was
doing my best."
Mikel admitted that his game fell short of the
standards he set at the Confederation Cup last
year, but says there was a slight change in
styles.
"The Confederations Cup was a learning
experience for us, and I think I was a little more
forward there, but now I had to do more work
for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment