Trendy Mates 2

Sunday 27 July 2014

Interview With 2face's Wife Annie Idibia

really young. She told the Entertainer
We lived in Ibadan with our parents when
my father was working with Mobil and my
mother was a house wife. She remained a
house wife until they separated. I was born
with a silver spoon but I didn’t grow up with
it. After their divorce, my mother got a job
with Mobil working as a cook to support us.
Thereafter, we moved to Jakande Estate,
Lekki, Lagos. From there we moved to
Thomas Estate, also on the Island. After the
entire struggle, God has blessed us
tremendously. I am the last child. My eldest
brother is married and my elder brother
lives in Atlanta; he is also married"
How old were you when your parents
divorced?
Maybe, nine or 10. I was in primary school
when it all happened and I remember
everything but it is irrelevant talking about
it now because we have moved on.
Your parents separated 20 years ago. How
did it affect you?
My mother bred us from childhood to
adulthood because of the divorce. I was
almost a tom boy growing up with my
brothers. It’s heartbreaking when you live
with your parents happily and suddenly,
they part ways. Sincerely, we were terribly
affected emotionally. It was especially tough
where it was only our mother that was
attending functions in school and taking
care of our needs. It was emotionally
sapping and my brothers have their own fair
share of memories. It affected me so much
while in secondary school because I was
always sad going home after school hours to
see my mother living without my father. But
mum tried her best to make life meaningful
for us; she is my hero. And I appreciate God
for being there for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment