Trendy Mates 2

Wednesday 23 July 2014

NDLEA Arrest Graduate In Possession Of 2.185kg Drugs

Victor Ifeanacho (pictured above) who is a
graduate of Business Administration and an
indigene of Enugu state was arrested by officials
of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency at
the Murtala Muhammed International Airport,
Lagos with 2.185kg of illegal substance,
methamphetamine.
The suspect was arrested as he attempted to
board an Ethiopian Airlines flight en route to
Malaysia.
After he was arrested, Victor who resides in the
Badagry area of Lagos, said years of
unemployment pushed him into the illegal
business of drug trafficking. He said he was
promised $3,500 if he was able to smuggle the
substance to Malaysia successfully, where he
would have been executed if caught
“I am a graduate of Business
Administration. I have been jobless since I
graduated in 2008. After several years of
joblessness, I became a commercial bus
driver in Lagos. I am single and live in
Badagry. A man I met at a hotel promised
to assist me in getting a job in Malaysia. I
was happy to travel out of the country. Out
of frustration, I agreed to smuggle the
drugs, which eventually led to my arrest.
They promised to pay me $3,500, but I
regret everything now because I feel empty
inside.” he said
Reacting to Victor's arrest, Chairman of the
NDLEA Ahmadu Giade expressed sadness over
his arrest, stating that an educated person like
Victor should have known the consequences of
the action he was about to take
“It is very disappointing for a university
graduate who knows the implication of his
action to get involved in drug trafficking.
He was taking the drug to Malaysia where
he would have been executed if caught
with narcotics. I am happy with the arrest,”
Giade said.
The NDLEA says further investigations on the
case will be carried out.

No comments:

Post a Comment