Trendy Mates 2

Saturday 28 June 2014

Usain Bolt Ready To Compete In The Common Wealth Games

Six times Olympic champion and world fastest
man usain bolt will be competing in this years
common wealth games Glasgow 2014.
Dough Bolt is unlikely to take part in an individual
event at the common wealth games but could run
in the relay.
The 27 year old, who won gold medals in the
100m, 200m and 4x100m relay at the 2008 and
2012 Olympics, has been struggling with a foot
injury.
“I am available for selection for the
Commonwealth Games and have submitted the
relevant documentation,”he said.
In a message on his website Bolt said he was
unable to compete in the Jamaican
Championships this weekend.
the main qualifying event for the Commonwealth
team but he could still make the squad as part of
the relay race.
The statement, titled ‘a message from Usain’,
read: “I am not ready to compete at the
Jamaican Championships this weekend but I
have informed the JAAA that I am available for
selection for the Commonwealth Games in
Glasgow and have submitted the relevant
documentation.
“I do not wish to take the place of anyone who
qualifies this weekend in an individual event but
am available for relay duty if the selectors feel I
can be an asset to the Jamaican team in
Glasgow.
“I have received lots of requests, invitations and
messages of support from my fans in Scotland
who are looking forward to a great event”.
Bolt has never raced in the Commonwealth
Games, having missed the events in Melbourne in
2006 and Delhi four years ago.
However, speaking at the IAAF Centenary Gala in
Barcelona last November, he declared his interest
in competing in Glasgow.
“That’s the only title I don’t have, so I think it’s
something I’d like to go for, even if I do just one
event,” Bolt said.
That event appears likely to be the 4x100m relay.
Jamaica took silver behind England in 2010
but,led by Bolt, won the World Championships
last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment