Trendy Mates 2

Sunday 29 June 2014

"I Want A Woman Who Can Go To The Saloon With Me,Not Hypocritical,Fame Seeking"-Denrele Edun

Denrele Edun who just turned 31 talked about gay
allegations and dating ladies..He also
denied bleaching and talked about his
scandal with Charly boy..Ladies would
be happy because he is actually single
and searching...
"I am not dating anybody for now.
I am single and searching.Eh! My
people, make una come put ring o!
My mother has been mounting
pressure. My father has been
telling me. My uncle, my
grandmother, everyone wan make I
marry.I think when that time
comes, I will marry. I have been
into many relationships. I have
dated girls who would want to do
anything I tell them. I want a
woman who can hold her own. I
don’t want a woman who cannot
make dialogue with me. I don’t
want a woman who will want to
change me because she should
already know who Denrele is. I
don’t want to hear, “my father said
you cannot dress like that” I will be
like, “Oya, come and carry your
witch and go. And return me my
bride price before you go”. I want a
woman who is not pretentious,
hypocritical or a fame seeker. I
want someone who is original. I
want somebody I can go to the
salon together (with) to make our
hair; who wouldn’t mind if people
are talking. I love a woman that
can wear heels. It may sound
flimsy. I love girls on heels. This is
why I have always had a thing for
models. If my wife cannot wear
heels...
Here you are talking about marriage, while
people have described you as gay. What do
you have to say?
I’m aware of it. In fact, a lot of
people have come with different
terminologies for my sexual
preference. They have labelled me
homosexual, heterosexual. Some
have said I am bi-sexual, asexual. I
think I am a sexual outlaw; that is
the best way to describe it. Am I
gay? I am a sexual outlaw. Gbam!
What does that mean?
I don’t know. I don’t even know
what my sexual preference is. The
media have blown my sexuality out
of proportion. Maybe it is because I
am feminine in nature, or because
I look like my mother or because of
the way I dress. My clothes are the
reflection of my personality, but
people use it to judge my sexual
preference. And if people want to
continually judge me because of my
dressing, they should go ahead.
Does it mean you are not gay?
People can say what they like. You
know, this can be a mystery. If
people keep pondering on it, it will
remain a mystery. If I give the
answer now, una no go dey wonder
about anything. Make una dey
ponder dey go.
Are you using this to keep the attention on
yourself?
Not quite; it’s just for the fun of it,
really. I am not one of those people
who would want to deliberate on
people’s sexual preference. I really
cannot be bothered about things
like that. But it is so funny how
people have made a big deal out of
it. It’s not about attention.
Otherwise, I would have been suing
this or that newspaper for saying
this or that thing about me. I really
can’t be bothered.
What is the worst thing that has
happened to you for being who you are?
I think it is the scandals. And I can
handle scandals well but people
have fabricated so much about me.
They say I have a child somewhere
that I have abandoned. They say I
am bleaching my skin – that is even
the one they are using to chase me
up and down. If only people can
see me when I wake up in the
morning, then they will know
whether I am bleaching on not.
Would you like to clear the air on that?
Of recent, I discovered my love for
powder. I normally like to wear the
one that is lighter than me, so
anytime I use this powder and my
face becomes fairer, people will
begin to say I am bleaching.
Someone recently said to me on
Twitter: ‘Denrele has bleached his
destiny away’. Another said,
‘Denrele is looking like Michael
Jackson in his time of death’.
Somebody said, ‘Denrele looks like
the remains of a ghastly car crash’.
This is the one that will trip you.
The person said, ‘Denrele looks like
the spirit behind this recent fuel
scarcity’. I thought that was a
classic one. I have received a lot
from people, especially during the
period I went through the Charly
Boy/Denrele saga. They said I
kissed Charly Boy and I was trying
to cause problems in his
matrimonial home. Nigerians took
it upon themselves to judge the
freaking daylight out of me. They
tried to pull me down at any
opportunity they could get. But for
where? Nothing can put me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment